The Angel Tree Process
- Social service agencies and schools refer families to The Salvation Army for help with Christmas.
- Participants are interviewed to verify that the family is truly in need. We obtain the name of each child or senior citizen in the family and a list of desired Christmas gifts.
- Angel tags are printed for each individual and placed on Salvation Army Angel Trees at area malls and in local corporations and organizations.
- Generous Donors select Angels, purchase gifts (at a suggested cost of less than $50 per gift), and return them to their sponsorship site or Mall Angel Tree.
- Upon their return, the gifts are taken to a Salvation Army Christmas Warehouse for inventory and sorting by hundreds of Volunteers.
- Beginning the second week of December, families will pick up their donated items at their local Salvation Army facility. Distributions occur throughout Atlanta during that week, providing parents with a sense of relief and calm during the stressful season.